Join Us for a Tour!
Campus and classroom tours will begin in late September 2022. Announcements about tour dates and times will be made first to families on our interest list, which you can join by signing up on the right.
- Thank you for your interest in seeing our beautiful Red Hook and City Point campuses. We are looking forward to showing you around the home of the BIB Bears!
- Tours are the best way for families to actually see the learning and community that takes places inside our classrooms. During a tour, prospective families have the opportunity to learn more about the grade levels that interest them, ask questions of our well-informed admissions staff, and, best of all, see active classes in session.
- Tours begin with a short introduction to BASIS Independent Brooklyn and the BASIS Curriculum. From there, tours include visits to classrooms, labs, cafeterias, movement and gymnasium spaces, art studios, theater, student lounges, and more!
- Please plan on arriving 10-15 minutes early to locate parking, and to check in with our front office (you must bring your I.D.). Tours can take anywhere from an hour to an hour and half, depending on the questions that tour attendees have.
- In the days before the tour, you will also receive a reminder e-mail.
About BASIS Independent Brooklyn
- We are a community driven, PreK–grade 12 private school.
- Home to the globally benchmarked BASIS Curriculum, a STEM-focused liberal arts program designed to inspire mastery and excellence in our students as they learn at the highest international levels.
- Our teachers are passionate educators with proven subject expertise who make learning an engaged and joyful endeavor.
- We offer over 30 clubs and sports to help students discover new passions, participate in diverse activities, and build skills outside of the classroom environment.
- In response to the growing demand for our program, we are pleased to share that we opened a new, second campus for fall 2021-22 at City Point in Downtown Brooklyn that will serves our Lower School: PreK–Grade 2.
Please contact the Office of Admissions at (718) 643-6302 or email us if you have any questions.