The BASIS Curriculum, founded in 1998 is an exceptional academic program serving students from PreK–grade 12, and is regularly lauded for both top academic performance and student satisfaction. Our program, rooted in the liberal arts and sciences with advanced STEM offerings, is designed to cultivate children’s abilities to acquire new skills and competencies, and build the foundation for a bright future with unlimited potential. The BASIS Curriculum is consistently recognized among the best on both the national and international stages, and gained notoriety for its breadth, depth, and ability to successfully teach high-level content and critical thinking to students at a young age.
BASIS Curriculum Facts and Figures:
- 2 minimum hours per week are reserved by teachers for student support
- 4 AP exams are required to graduate
- 7.5 hours per week are spent in chemistry, physics, and biology in grades 6–8
BASIS Independent students are ahead of global peers in readiness for college and beyond, and possess the self-direction and autonomy to tackle any challenge.
- Class of 2021 Graduates: 154
- Average SAT score: 1450 (out of 1600)
- Average ACT score: 33 (out of 36)
- Percentage of graduates accepted to top 50 Liberal Arts Colleges: 86%
*All college admissions data is for BASIS Independent Schools as a whole for the class of 2020.
We are a TK–Grade 12 private school located in the Bay Area. Our globally benchmarked curriculum and our world-class Subject Expert Teachers unite to prepare students to critically think, problem solve, and become participants, not spectators.
- We offer a liberal arts and sciences program with advanced STEM offerings, designed to inspire mastery and excellence in students as they learn at the highest international levels.
- The BASIS Curriculum, honed and refined for over two decades, is a blend of best practices found in top education systems around the world.
- Our teachers are passionate subject experts who bring classrooms to life and inspire students to love learning.
- We offer 39 clubs and sports to help students discover new passions, participate in diverse activities, and build social skills outside of the classroom environment.
- Early Learning Program: In Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten, we empower young learners' curiosity through inquiry, exploration, and discovery! Students engage in creative and foundational classes such as Mandarin, engineering, drama, and World Discovery.
- Primary Program: In the elementary years, students in grades 1–4 uncover connections between diverse subjects while our unique two-teacher model maximizes student learning and growth.
- Middle School Program: Students in grades 5–8 learn to actively use their knowledge as a tool as they take all three sciences (biology, chemistry, and physics), logic, economics, and a foreign language course.
- High School Program: Our high school students are prepared for the world's best colleges as they take a daily college counseling class and participate in university-level Capstone courses and independent research.
Complete the form below to receive Admission updates, upcoming events, key deadlines, and more!
We look forward to connecting with you!