The BASIS Curriculum
The BASIS Curriculum, founded in 1998 is an exceptional academic program serving students from PreK–grade 12, and is regularly lauded for both top academic performance and student satisfaction. Our program, rooted in the liberal arts and sciences with advanced STEM offerings, is designed to cultivate children’s abilities to acquire new skills and competencies, and build the foundation for a bright future with unlimited potential. The BASIS Curriculum is consistently recognized among the best on both the national and international stages, and gained notoriety for its breadth, depth, and ability to successfully teach high-level content and critical thinking to students at a young age.
BASIS Curriculum Facts and Figures:
- 2 minimum hours per week are reserved by teachers for student support
- 4 AP exams are required to graduate
- 7.5 hours per week are spent in chemistry, physics, and biology in grades 6–8
BASIS Independent students are ahead of global peers in readiness for college and beyond, and possess the self-direction and autonomy to tackle any challenge.
- Class of 2020 Graduates: 130
- Average SAT score: 1474 (out of 1600)
- Average ACT score: 33.8 (out of 36)
- Percentage of graduates accepted to top 50 Liberal Arts Colleges: 85.4%
*All college admissions data is for BASIS Independent Schools as a whole for the class of 2020.
About BASIS Independent Manhattan
We are a PreK–12 private school located in NYC. Our globally benchmarked curriculum and passionate educators unite to empower students to become creative problem solvers and critical thinkers from day one.
In response to the growing demand for our program, we are pleased to share that we have opened a new, second campus to serve grades 6-12, in Chelsea! Our goal is to grow the new school one grade level per year, starting with grade 10.
- We provide a well-rounded liberal arts program with advanced STEM offerings designed to inspire mastery and excellence in students as they learn at the highest international levels.
- The BASIS Curriculum, honed and refined for over two decades, is a blend of best practices found in top education systems around the world.
- Our teachers are passionate subject experts who bring classrooms to life and inspire students to love learning.
- We foster a joyful learning culture centered on the belief that with the right tools and support, any motivated student can excel.
- Early Learning Program:
The curriculum in PreK and Kindergarten is designed to fuel academic and social-emotional growth in gifted & talented students. Young learners engage in STEM, Mandarin, literacy, art, and more.
- Primary Program:
In the elementary years, grades 1–4, students benefit from the support of our unique two-teacher model as they make significant connections between their various subjects.
- Middle School Program:
Students in grades 5–8 learn to actively use their knowledge as a tool and venture into unique courses like logic and economics.
- High School Program:
Our advanced High School Program features AP®, college-level capstones, independent research, and diverse clubs & sports to prepare students to excel in their education and beyond.
Complete the form below to receive Admission updates, upcoming events, key deadlines, and more!
We look forward to connecting with you!