About BASIS Independent McLean
- We are an age 2–grade 12 private school in Fairfax County, Northern Virginia.
- Home to the renowned BASIS Curriculum, a globally benchmarked liberal arts program with advanced STEM offerings.
- Our world-class teachers are passionate subject experts who bring classrooms to life.
- We offer exciting extracurricular options as well as opportunities to connect classroom learning with the real world.
Explore our programs at a Virtual Open House on Oct. 24
Learn about our well-rounded, spiraling curriculum, and meet the Subject Experts who bring our classrooms to life. You'll also hear from current students and parents about being active participants in our dynamic learning community.
9:00 AM–10:00 AM: Toddler, Early Learning & Primary Programs
- The Toddler Program: Our Toddler Program, for 2- and 3-year olds, lays the foundation for physical, emotional, and language development through play, collaboration and investigation.
- Early Learning Program: In PreK & Kindergarten, we empower young learners' curiosity through inquiry, exploration, and discovery. Students engage in creative and foundational classes such as Mandarin, engineering, drama, and World Discovery.
- Primary Program: In grades 1–4, students benefit from the support of a Learning Expert Teacher and the expertise of a Subject Expert Teacher as they transition from foundational skills and knowledge to independent thinking.
10:00 AM–11:00 AM: Middle & High School Programs
- Middle School Program: Students in grades 5–8 learn to actively use their knowledge as a tool as they take all three sciences (biology, chemistry, and physics), logic, economics, a world language, and more.
- High School Program: Our high schoolers are prepared to enter and excel in the world's best universities through college counseling, university-level capstone courses, and independent research.
To register, choose your grade level of interest on the form. You'll receive a Zoom link for the corresponding session time.
Saturday, October 24
9:00 AM: Toddler–Grade 4
10:00 AM: Grades 5–12
We look forward to meeting you!